The press about Oak House No.1
Cotswolds luxury hotel is extensive having been featured in many glossy magazines, from travel features to interior decorating features. The interior design at Oak House No.1 is often the reason that our guests choose to come and stay with us and we do have fun chatting about the many paintings and decor. Owner, Gary Kennedy studied BA(Hons) Fine Art degree at Saint Martin’s School of Art and has been included as a finalist in the Andrew Martin Interior Design Awards Book and featured in many style and art magazines both in the UK and overseas.
Recently invited to choose a favourite piece of artwork for Chinese Art magazine Bazaar Art, Gary chose a Grayson Perry pot from his own collection on show at Oak House No.1, various other art lovers and experts from around the world were invited to make choices including singer Bob Dylan. Oak House No.1 has also been featured in Esquire Magazine (China) and was named the Best Art Hotel in the UK. We recently had a fantastic 25 page feature in the Italian magazine ‘Ristrutturare’ showing virtually every room of our Cotswolds luxury hotel and was pictured on the front cover too. Tatler called Oak House No.1 the ‘Notting Hill of Gloucestershire, a little Rock ‘n’ Roll and a little bit country classic’.
The Guardian says ‘… we are spirited into a fantasy world, a collision of colour, modern design and traditional sumptuousness’.
Yes our Cotswolds luxury hotel, Oak House No.1 has received its fair share of press and awards but without any doubt the most important for us is the plaudits from our guests and our many wonderful Trip Advisor reviews. In 2018 Oak House No.1 was visited by well known TV travel journalist Lottie Knutson and was chosen as one of the finest Cotswolds luxury hotels to be featured in the exclusive Swedish Magazine ‘Connoisseur’. In Dec 2018 Cotswolds luxury hotel, Oak House no.1 was featured in both Luxuria Lifestyle Magazine and Luxury Lifestyle Magazine.
- Tatler says: “This is the Notting Hill of Gloucestershire .. “a little rock ‘n’ roll…a little country classic .. the vibe is fizzy French house party”
- 25 Beautiful Homes
- The Guardian says “We are spirited into a fantasy world, a collision of colour, modern design and trad sumptuousness”
- Conde Naste Traveller
- Esquire China says “This is the Best Art Hotel in the UK”
- British Airways Highlife
- The Sunday Times Style Magazine – Cotswolds luxury hotel Oak House No.1
- The Telegraph “ .. what a flamboyant treat ….. everywhere you look there’s something to catch the eye”
- The Mail on Sunday
- Cotswolds Life
- Ristructturare (Italy) – 25 page feature showing all that luxury hotel in the Cotswolds Oak House No.1 has to offer
- Figaro – Paris national newspaper features Cotswolds luxury hotel Oak House No.1
- Polo Magazine – Cotswolds luxury hotel Oak House No.1 has been a sponsor at Cirencester Park Polo Club
- Asian Wealth Magazine
- Cotswold Review
- Country House Magazine
- Connoisseur Magazine, Sweden